Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Father Heart of God


This week in lectures we are being spoken to about the father heart of God. How to look at God as a father and how to reach Him as a father. It's been a great week so far and I already feel like God has been revealing Himself in a couple ways.

A lot of people on my team come from great families, yet very broken in the areas dealing with their fathers. Including myself, I come from a very loving, caring, supporting family, yet lacked any relationship with a earthly father. Growing up I didn't know anything different, and not til I got older did I realize how much it affected my life. While here in Australia, during different weeks I've been allowing God speak into my life about my situation with my father. I have learned a lot of God's character and how it is everything a father should be.

One thing I felt God speak to me today even, is that even during those times when I was younger, while growing up, and even today that an earthly father should have been there, my true and ultimate Father was there all along. I'm not that father less little girl anymore, I am a woman who can run to her Father like a little girl with a child like faith, and He will treat me like daughter in every way possible.

O Lord, you have searched me and known me; You know when I sit down and when I rise up, you discern my thoughts from afar.
You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways.
Even before a word is on my tongue behold, O Lord, you know it altogether.
You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me.

Psalm 139:1-6

He was there in all the past times with His hand upon me, and it will continue to be there in the future. It's a weird feeling, but so comforting at the same time. I am curious to see how the end of the week turns out and what else He will reveal to me..

I encourage you all to look at the Lord as your Father. If you have an amazing earthly father you are blessed! And praise Jesus for blessing you and your family with such an amazing man! Or if you share simliar backrounds with me and didn't have a father present growing up
--Know: He loves you, He cares, He cherishes you, He delights in you, He is waiting for you, and that He was always there, and He still is.


Love and miss you all! Blessings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment