Friday, July 2, 2010

Destination=Reached

Finances=Reached in not even 24 hours. That's a testimony in itself. I am so blessed and grateful for all of my friends, family, and strangers who blessed me with money so I could get here to Paris. Once I got all of my money I didn't even know what to do with myself except tell everyone, and tell them what a great God I have!

So it was on :) plane tickets bought. My packing had been done for a few days, which was just reassurance that I was going to get my finanes...soon..and get to Paris...soon. So I didn't have much packing to do. Itinerary read=Flying out of Perth, connected to Sri Lanka, Dubai, then to my final destination=Paris!

Our first lay over in Sri Lanka was about 8 hours. & boy was I the minority! The whole time being there I think I saw about 6 Caucasian people. It was very interesting watching how Muslims live, even just seeing them in an airport. They couldn't help but stare because of my white skin, or maybe it was because I looked like I hadn't showered in days, or that I was curled up on the floor in a sleeping bag trying to get a couple hours of sleep before we were off to Dubai! Dubai was a quick layover which in the time I sniped up some Mickie D's and boarded the plane to my final destination, Paris.

I arrived last night. I was hot, sticky, and SO ready for a shower! It was about 10pm and it was still super light outside. Paris looks just like the movies, beautiful buildings, busy streets, mo peds, small fruit/veggie shops, and of course the shimmering Eiffel Tower which is only a hill down from my apartment where I am now living with my team. I like Paris so far, and I've only seen what is outside my window. I could fall in love....

Paris looks like the movies, but as we all know appearance isn't everything. Paris, but France in general is a very dead country. With a sky rocketing statistics, and numbers, France has a very high risk of divorce, sexually active teens (age lowest as 13), depression, loss of jobs, poverty, and so much more.
It's why we are here. To be the hands and feet for the nation, to bring hope, to bring the Word, simply to be a Light.
I am excited to see what God has in store for my team, the cities we'll be visiting, and for myself. God has already planted this seed in the last however so hours I have been here, a quiet spirit. I am usually not a quiet spirited type person, usually all over the place, always something to say, but I'm curious to see why the Lord has planted the seed.

This morning when I woke up I was so at ease and peace. Didn't really have anything to say, but thanks God. Thank you for the fiances, the view, my team, this city, this experience to come
.....for everything.

Miss you all-xo



P.S.-God is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment