Saturday, July 10, 2010

Au Revoir







It sucks, but I just keep having to remind myself that it's God's will. I have decided to leave Europe, and my team and go home. I have been in Paris for a week and I have experience great and beautiful things. I have been to the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame twice, both very overwhelmingly beautiful places. I prayed around and in both areas, and really got the sense that Europe needs the Lord on a whole new level, along with the people here in this nation, it's intense, and kind of scary but so needed and it can happen, and it will with my team, but just not with me.


Being here this last week I have really thoughtfully, prayerfully considered and processed, with the help of my leaders, this hard decision. Being here I've realized and learned that in whatever and wherever you are in life, especially in ministry areas, you need to be whole heartedly, full on commited. And it's something that the Lord decided to bring me all this way to learn, and I'm totally okay and at peace with it. My heart is not whole heartedly involved and happy being here in Europe doing the ministry that we've been doing. And coming face to face with that and processing that I can say has been top 5, one of the hardest things I've had to deal with and process. And it's also grown me, once again, in a sense to completly trust the will of the Lord, and sit back and be at peace with what He has decided, even if I'm like WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!?

I know it may come as a shock, it is to me as well, but it's something that I feel that is best for myself, and my team. I will never forget the times I had during my training in Perth, or the times I've had during a week's time in Paris. I have learned, and grown into a new woman during my time with YWAM. I am so thankful and blessed to have met the people I've met, to have endured the things I have endured, to learn the things I've learned, and to have strengthened my relationship with the Lord, like I have.

Of course a part of my heart aches, because all of this means I have to leave my team, the 4 students, and 5 staff that have gone through these last few months with me. The team that has seen me at my absolute worst, and have seen me at my absolute best. They all have been a true blessing in so many different ways. They are people I will never forget, and will hold a special in my heart always. I am not a Hallmark card, but I speak nothing but truth!

I leave tomorrow, my 19th birthday, ha who knew! Can't help but smile, but what a 19th birthday! It will probably be a mix between the best birthday, (who can say they had their birthday in the morning in Paris with an amazing group of people, but also had their birthday in Minnesota, home.)and the most not so awesome birthday because I'm going to have to say goodbyes to people that I don't know when I'll ever see again, or if I ever will.


Oh life, what will I make of you? Excuse me, oh Lord, what will you make of my life? Haha, whatever it is, I know I have a new out look on life, and have teachings under my belt to do whatever it is. I'm excited, yet scared to see what is next. For now, it's my last day in Paris, and I'm content with that.

See those of you at home, see you very very soon :) and those of you who I have just met during this season-I bless you to the max. and I pray and hope to see you one day soon in the future!




'However Jesus did not permit him, but said to him, 'Go home to your friends and family, and tell them what great things the Lord has done for you, and how He has had compassion on you'.'
-Mark 5:19



Love you all-xo

1 comment: